Claremont Railway Junior Summer Steward Programme
The Junior Steward position presents an opportunity to provide leadership and mentoring to the junior members within Claremont Railway LTC over July and August. It is an advocacy role for conveying junior member’s needs/wishes to the main committee. The successful candidates should have a strong interest in tennis and must have good organisational skills and be a good communicator. The potential Stewards should have experience dealing with children which would involve earning the respect of the junior members while exercising authority where necessary.
The Junior Stewards should be familiar with the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport by the Irish Sports Council. The successful candidates will be expected to attend Child Protection training and will be Garda Vetted.
Hours of work will be 11,00 – 17.00 with a one hour lunch break from 13.00- 14.00, Monday to Friday for July and August, commencing- 3rd July 2017
This role will be carried out by two stewards -,one male and one female, over 18 years of age. Both will be expected to be in attendance at all times. An allocation of 250euro will be paid to each steward per week.
Duties will include the following:
- Taking list of daily attendees and submitting it to a nominated member of the committee each Monday.
- Supervision and organisation of junior member’s activities in conjunction with coach’s and /or committee member (s).
- Maximising participation by juniors in playing tennis.
- Attending Junior Fun Day in Brittas Bay in August and encouraging juniors to
- Maintaining the pavilion area and encouraging children to assist with cleaning up at the end of each day.
- Overseeing and coordinating the Junior Championship and Jtnior At Home (bbq and disco) at the end of August.
- Liaising with coaches with regard to programmes and other activities.