About Railway Union RFC
The club has had much success since it started Women’s rugby four years ago, having won 19 trophies across all female teams in the club, including multiple All Ireland & Leinster leagues, cups and 7s titles.
The 1st XV plays in All Ireland League Division 1 (the highest division in Ireland), with the 2nd XV playing in Leinster League Division 1 (the second highest division). Both teams were in their divisional playoffs this season.
The club had five players capped in this year’s Six Nations, has eight players in the Ireland 7s squad and has players in each of the four provincial squads.
It has a vibrant age-grade with young players of great potential coming through and has had players capped at Leinster U18, Ireland Schoolgirls 7s and Ireland U19 for each of the last three years.
In addition to its Men’s teams, the club will field three adult women’s sides, plus girls U18s, U15s and minis in 2016/17.
The club has a vacancy for Head Coach with prime responsibility for the Women’s 1st XV, whilst also having a pervasive role across the whole women’s and girl’s programme in the club by providing a development and supporting role for all players and coaches.
Reporting to the Director of Rugby, the ideal candidate will:
- Be minimum IRB Level 1 qualified, with Level 2 desired
- Have strong technical coaching skills with full knowledge of the IRFU LTPD & technical models and the ability to work one-on-one with players to improve core or position-specific skills
- Have experience and a proven track record of achievement in developing players, including late beginners, to reach their potential
- Have credible rugby knowledge, understanding and expertise gained from playing, coaching or through player management, as well as having an ability to coach and understand the game to a high level – strategically, tactically and technically
- Be able to interface effectively with people at all levels and have the competence to manage & motivate, develop relationships and, if required, manage conflict
- Be able to plan, communicate, research and constantly evaluate current practice in order to achieve excellence
- Have experience in player monitoring and assessments and ability to track and develop players with clear smart goals that are agreed (including developing and challenging with identified strategies to ensure continued improvements)
- Be expected to attend Ireland camps as invited and work closely with the Ireland coaches and management in the individual development of the club’s representative players and those with representative ambitions
As a coach of the club, we can offer you:
- A focus on your coaching development and coaching goals, including regular development meetings, feedback on progression, attendance at IRFU/Leinster coaching courses, and every assistance to allow you to reach your coaching potential
- Top class training and playing facilities to work with, an unrivalled Player Welfare Programme (including club medic, club physiotherapist and Strength & Conditioning Coach), and modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific)
- Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club
- A strong club culture, with excellent off-field structures to ensure your coaching success
- A vibrant and regular social programme, including pre-season tour, in season events and end of season tour
- A coaching pathway, giving further coaching opportunities as your career develops
- The opportunity to take the club to the next level and have real impact in a World Cup year, with the tournament being hosted in Ireland
Applications from overseas coaches or player/coaches are also welcome. The club will provide assistance with employment opportunities and visas, if required.
We are interested in ambitious coaches, who will achieve with us and who we can work with to further develop their coaching career. Experience is important – but attitude, energy and commitment are as important to us.
Please send applications to Hon. Secretary Alan Horgan at email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.